With the advent of COVID19, the concept of 'One health' is gaining prominence... Read more
What is Ayush-64?
1. Originally Ayush-64 was developed in 1980 for the management of Malaria.
2. This drug has now been repurposed for Covid 19.
3. Ingredients in Ayush 64 showed notable antiviral, immune-modulator and antipyretic properties.
Who can take Ayush-64?
1. It can be taken by patients at any stage of the COVID-19 disease.
2. Its efficacy was scientifically studied in asymptomatic, mild and moderate disease without risk factors.
3. Ayush 64 can be taken within 7 days of diagnosis of the disease through RT-PCR for better outcome.
4. If a person gets infected even after vaccination, Ayush-64 can be taken within 7 days of testing RT-PCR positive for SARS CoV-2.
Where lies the proof for its efficacy?
1. Ayush-64 is a poly herbal formulation developed in compliance to all regulatory requirements as well as quality and pharmacopoeial standards by the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences.
2. It has been scientifically established to be useful in the treatment of asymptomatic, mild and moderate COVID-19 infection as an adjunct to standard care.
3. It is also seen to improve the clinical recovery and quality of life of patients.
4. Even side-effects like loose motions observed in some patients is self-limiting and does not require any medical intervention.
Source : PIB