Health system in India
The reach of the epidemic in India is not clear as only a small number of people have been tested and many mild cases go undetected. ... Read more
Invest India Business Immunity Platform
1. Invest India has launched the Invest India Business Immunity Platform.
2. The platform is designed as a comprehensive resource to help businesses and investors get real-time updates on India’s active response to COVID-19.
3. It also provides the latest information on various central and state government initiatives.
4. Invest India is India’s national Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Global Network Resiliency Platform
1. The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) has launched a ‘Global Network Resiliency Platform’ to help protect telecoms networks during the COVID-19 crisis.
2. It is designed to help both national governments and the private sector to ensure that telecoms services remain available to all.
3. It will share best practices that have been taken during the COVID-19 crisis to ensure that telecommunication services are available to the maximum extent possible.
4. It will provide countries struggling to find appropriate solutions to ensure their networks' resiliency.
5. ITU is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is responsible for issues that concern information and communication technologies.
6. It is the oldest global international organization.
Source- Money control and Economic Times
Prelims- Science and Technology
1. Recently the death of a man due to Hantavirus was reported in China.
2. Hantaviruses are a family of viruses spread mainly by rodents and can cause varied disease syndromes in people worldwide.
3. Infection with any hantavirus can produce hantavirus disease in people.
4. Hantaviruses in the Americas are known as ‘New World’ hantaviruses. They may cause hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS).
5. ‘Old World’ hantaviruses are found mostly in Europe and Asia. They may cause haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS).
6. Each hantavirus serotype has a specific rodent host species.
7. It is spread to people via an aerosolized virus that is shed in urine, faeces, and saliva, and less frequently by a bite from an infected host.
Source- Economic Times and CDC website
COVID 19 testing kit
Prelims-Science and Technology
1. A Pune-based company My-Lab received commercial approval from the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) for its Covid-19 test kit.
2. It is the first indigenously approved testing kit for Covid-19 disease.
3. At present, diagnostic tests in India for COVID-19 are largely reliant on foreign companies.
4. The CDSCO is the national regulatory body for Indian pharmaceuticals and medical devices and works under the Ministry of Health and family welfare.
Source- The Hindu
1. The Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) has allowed ex-military personnel with lifestyle diseases to purchase the required medicines.
2. Veterans can purchase all medicines based on the prescription given by polyclinics, service hospitals and empanelled hospitals.
3. The scheme is implemented by the Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence.
4. It was launched with effect from 01 April 2003 and is financed by the Government of India.
Source- The Hindu