At Net-zero state, a country’s emissions are compensated by absorption and removal of greenhouse gases from the atmosphere... Read more
1. It is an initiative of National Bee Board.
2. It is launched under the National Beekeeping and Honey Mission.
3. An MoU between National Bee Board and Indian Bank was signed for this project.
4. This portal is being developed for online registration to achieve a traceability source of Honey and other beehive products on a digital platform.
5. This will also help in checking the quality and source of adulteration of honey.
Source : AIR
Oxygen Enrichment Unit
1. An Oxygen enrichment unit is a device, which concentrates the Oxygen from the air around us by selectively removing nitrogen to supply oxygen-enriched air.
2. The concentrated Oxygen is delivered to the patients, having respiratory diseases, through oxygen mask or nasal cannula.
3. The device may be used in remote places, homes or hospital like facilities for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD), chronic hypoxemia and pulmonary edema.
4. It may be used as an adjunct treatment for severe sleep apnea.
5. The CSIR-CMERI indigenously developed Oxygen enrichment unit.
6. It works on the principle of Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) and utilizes Zeolite Columns to selectively remove nitrogen from air under certain pressure, thereby increasing the Oxygen Concentration.
Source : Pib
Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
Prelims- History, Art & Culture
1. He was a Indian freedom fighter born in West Bengal.
2. He was a writer , poet and a journalist.
3. He was the composer of Vande Mataram, originally in Sanskrit. The tune for Vande Madaram was later given by Rabindranath Tagore.
4. He was also addressed Sahitya Samrat in Bengali.
5. He wrote a political novel named Anandamath.
6. He also started a literary magazine named Bangadarshan.
7. Recently central ministers paid tribute to his death anniversary.
Source : AIR and News18
Pre-Departure Orientation Training
1. The first online Pre-Departure Orientation Training, PDOT Programme for migrant workers was launched.
2. The Ministry of External Affairs in association with Protector of Emigrants, Mumbai and other POEs has taken this initiative .
3. This training is given in addition to physical training being held in PDOT Centres.
4. PDO training would help migrant workers to know about the culture, language and regulations of the destination country to ensure their safety and security.
5. The initiative will provide prospective migrants with better skills and empower them further as they embark on the journey of migration.
Source : AIR
1. It is a Tribal Health Collaborative.
2. It is a multi-stakeholder initiative supported by Piramal Foundation and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
3. Anameya’ will converge efforts of various Government agencies and organisations to enhance the health and nutrition status of the tribal communities.
4. As a part this initiative
a. National Council on Tribal Health will be setup to drive policy initiatives in tribal health.
b. Health Cell will be setup to closely monitor healthcare delivery in the tribal areas.
c. Mechanisms will be devised to implement the Tribal Health Action Plan.
Source : AIR