India and the Gulf region
India mainly imports oil from the Gulf region... Read more
Mains-GS3-Technology, Prelims- Science and Technology
1. Presented during Annual Consumer Electronics (CES) Show in the USA, NEONs are called as the world’s first artificial humans.
2. NEON's creators believe these virtual humans can ultimately become fully autonomous friends, collaborators, and companions.
1. NEONs are computationally created virtual humans. The word derives from NEO (new) + humaN.
2. They are developed by the Star Labs of Samsung. Star Labs is headed by India-born scientist Pranav Mistry.
3. At present, virtual humans can show emotions when manually controlled by their creators. However, its creators’ want them to be fully autonomous.
4. NEONs will show emotions, learn skills, create memories, and be intelligent on their own.
5. NEONs are the interface for technologies and services. They can be used in the place of virtual assistants in banks, restaurants, etc.
There are two core technologies behind his virtual humans.
1. CORE R3 technology
a) This technology drives the reality, real-time and responsiveness behind NEONs. It is the front-end reality engine that is able to give you that real expression.
b) CORE R3 is the most advanced in the domains of Behavioural Neural Networks, Evolutionary Generative Intelligence, and Computational Reality.
c) It mainly works on how humans look, behave and interact. It can also connect to other domain-specific and value-added services like language kits.
a) This technology will complement CORE R3 with the spectrum of intelligence, learning, emotions, and memory.
b) However, It is still under-development. It will give them exposure to the real world.
NEONS vs Virtual Assistants
1. Virtual Assistants learn from all the data they are plugged into. However, NEONs will be limited to what they know and learn.
2. NEONs’ leaning could potentially be limited to the person they are catering to and not the entire Internet.
3. NEONs will not be interface like Alexa of Amazon. Rather they will be a friend to speak to and share experiences with.
4. NEOS don’t have collective memory also. Only the customer and his NEON will have access to their interactions.
Source- Indian Express