Enhancing the Health Infrastructure of the Country
Primary health centers (PHCs) are the first base for doctors, acting as referral units typically for six sub-centers. ... Read more
Role of Youth in Making of New India
What is the National Youth Parliament Festival 2019?
1. It is a mock parliament in every district of India where the youth between 18 and 25 years can sit together and brainstorm about new India, find ways and chalk out new plans.
2. This gives a chance to the youth to put forth their views on various issues concerning the country.
3. It gives direction and shape to the energy of the youth and a better dialogue process.
Who organized the National Youth Parliament Festival 2019?
It was jointly organized by National Service Scheme (NSS) and Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), under the aegis of Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
Which are the objectives of organizing National Youth Parliament Festival?
1. To hear the voice of youth between 18 and less than 25 years of age, who are allowed to vote but cannot stand as a candidate for election, through deliberations in Youth Parliaments at the district level and above.
2. To encourage the youth to engage with public issues, understand the common man's point of view, form their opinions and express it in an articulate manner.
3. To develop and enhance decision-making abilities.
4. To develop in them a respect and tolerance for the views of others.
5. To develop in them an understanding that respect for rules is essential for conducting any discussion systematically and effectively.
6. To obtain and document their opinions on Vision of New India in 2022.
7. To make available their views to policy makers and implementers to take it forward.
How can youth contribute to the country’s development?
1. Young people have the advantage of freshness and new ideas, enabling them to face new challenges more effectively.
2. Youth can engage in public issues, understand the common man’s point of view, have an opinion and express these in an organized way.
3. Relevant and effective voices on the vision of New India can be available to policy makers and implementers to take it forward.
4. Youth can help towards a transparent civil society structure, which can influence the political administration for the benefit of the society.
5. By having greater interaction with the business environment with more transparency and being encouraged for startups.