The Government of India is taking various initiatives to accelerate growth in rural India. ... Read more
The Government of India is taking various initiatives to accelerate growth in rural India.
Why is the growth of rural India crucial?
1. The growth of rural India is central to the overall development of the country as about 70% of India resides in its villages.
2. The nation’s integrated growth is needed to build a New India.
3. Growth of rural India will catalyze the growth of the Indian economy.
Which are the areas given focus?
Government of India is investing in various areas to achieve sustainable development of India’s rural sector. They are
4. Women empowerment
5. Financial inclusion
6. Skill development
8. Social security schemes
What are the steps taken?
Various steps are been taken to improve the sectors of rural India.
1. “Healthy India: Ayushman Bharat, well-nourished women and children” is declared as one of the 10 components of ‘Vision for India in the decade ahead’ in the Union Budget 2019-20.
2. National Health Mission 2017 has been introduced as major health reform.
3. To achieve women empowerment various programs have been initiated to safeguard educational rights, health rights, social security rights, economic security, and safety.
4. For the betterment of masses, reforms are undertaken, necessary infrastructure and systems are created through innovation.
5. Key initiatives like Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana, Soil Health Cards, Neem Coated Urea, credit facilities for farmers, e-NAM, etc, have been introduced to support the farmers.
6. This resulted in record-high food grain production in 2017-18.
7. The Government is focussed on providing clean energy and electricity to all corners of the country.
8. Flagship programs like Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana or Saubhagya and digital initiatives have made electricity accessible to all parts of the nation.
9. A variety of schemes are being implemented to maximize the utilization of clean energy and ensuring uninterrupted power supply in remote areas.
10. To make rural youth as job creators, Skill India Mission has been launched which trains youths in job-oriented skills.
Rural development is fundamental to the country’s progress, which will make the benefits of the economy reach every corner of the country.