Digital Infrastructure: Core of Governance
Initiatives have been undertaken to establish Centres of Excellence for Data Analytics, Block Chain, Artificial Intelligence, etc... Read more
Transformational Shift in Delivery of Services
What are the aims of Citizen centric e-services?
1. Citizen centric e-Services focus on accessibility, quality, efficiency, affordability, delivery, mobility and user-friendly experience.
2. It aims to set up systems of good governance through digital empowerment of the society.
3. It also strives to restyle how citizens avail of services and participate in the economy.
4. Government’s push towards a Paper-less, Presence-less and Cashless model of e-governance and the launch of Aadhar, UPI and BHIM have transformed the economy.
5. It also helps to drive financial inclusion with minimum lapses and delays.
Which are the new citizen centric and transformational digital platforms?
10. Jeevan Pramaan
11. NSP etc.
Where is the technology transformation being witnessed?
1. Education: Technology is playing a greater role than ever before in transforming classrooms from being isolated units of learning to more collaborative and communicative spaces with digital pedagogies, critical enquiry and demographic spaces that go beyond geographical constraints.
2. Agriculture: Digitalizing of farming systems and creating a database will help in achieving sustainable agricultural production and minimize farmers’ distress.
3. Planning: Using Geographic Information System (GIS) as a decision support system for developmental planning has made the delivery of services to citizens an efficient and transparent process.
4. Inclusive growth: The reach of mobile network, internet and electricity is expanding the services delivery even to remote areas, thereby ensuring that the marginalized sections of the society are also brought into the mainstream.
5. Social justice: Digital transformation is facilitating the ease of access for citizens with disabilities and empowering them to access various products and services despite mobility constraints.
How to move forward?
1. The Digital India programme focuses on providing citizen centric e-Services resulting not only in transformation of service delivery but also better engagement of the Government with its citizens.
2. The Products and services can no longer be viewed in isolation from the larger evolving scenarios around people.
3. There should be a healthy mix of technology with progressive policies and practices.