A Budget for All
Union budget 2019 aims for New India based on an “inclusive approach” for various sections of the society... Read more
Welfare and Empowerment of Marginalized
The theme of Ek Bharat Shresht Bharat is the prime focus of the Government to achieve inclusive growth.
What is the vision for development?
1. Building social and physical infrastructure
2. Digital India reaching every sector of the economy
3. Pollution-free India with green Mother Earth and Blue Skies
4. Make in India with particular emphasis on MSMEs, Startups, defence manufacturing, automobiles, electronics, Fabs and batteries, and medical devices.
5. Water management, clean rivers, and Blue economy.
6. Success in space programmes like Gaganyan, Chandrayan and Satellite programs
7. Self-sufficiency and export of food grains, pulses, oilseeds, fruits and vegetables
8. Healthy society through Ayushman Bharat and well-nourished women and children.
9. Minimum Government Maximum Governance.
Who constitute the weaker sections of the society?
1. Caste and communities included in the list of Other Backward Classes, SC/STs.
2. Tribes protected under the Schedules of the Constitution under Articles 341 and 342.
3. Religious Minorities including Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis.
4. Certain social groups such as Persons with Disabilities, Senior citizens, Transgender Communities and De-Notified, Nomadic and Semi Nomadic Communities.
The Constitution promotes and takes special care of the education and economic interests weaker sections and protects them from all forms of social injustice and exploitation.
How the 2019 budget supports the development of weaker sections?
1. Plans and programmes supporting the development of the weaker sections have received substantial funding.
2. Scheduled Caste Sub-Plan, Tribal Sub Plan, Women Empowerment, Welfare of Children have got a significant allocation.
3. Ministries of Social Justice and Empowerment, Tribal Affairs, Minority Affairs, Women and Child Development and Department of Persons with Disabilities have also been supported with funding.
Where is the focus of Ministries/Departments?
1. The Ministries and departments are mainly focusing on inclusive development of their target groups in convergence with other Ministries to ensure no one is left behind and achieve Sustainable Development Goals.
2. They are providing adequate resources through budgetary interventions.
3. They continue to strive to ensure direct and quantifiable benefits to the target groups.
This would lead India to become a US$5 trillion economy in the world by the active contribution of marginal communities in economic growth.