What is the exam pattern for CSE- Prelims?
Prelims comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
- a) Paper I- General Studies- 100 questions
- b) Paper II- CSAT- 80 Questions
Time allocated for each paper is 2 hours. Paper II is qualifying in nature with 33% as the minimum qualifying marks. The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type. One-third of the marks assigned for each question will be deducted as penalty for the wrong answers.
How are the questions distributed among different topics?
There is no fixed distribution pattern followed by UPSC. But the questions will be from the following topics for Paper I:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Economic and Social Development
- General issues on Environment
- General Science
Paper II will have questions from the following topics:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy
Where to start with?
CSE (Prelims) expects you to be knowledgeable on all the above-mentioned topics. But this doesn’t mean that you have to go behind every material available in the market on these topics. Strengthen your fundamentals with the help of basic materials like NCERTs, NIOS (Download) and few other standard materials like Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh, Indian Polity by Laxmikanth. It will save your money and time.
Who can crack the exam?
It can be “YOU” if these simple guidelines are followed during your course of preparation.
- Giving equal importance to all GS topics.
- Strengthing fundamentals in core subjects like Geography, Polity, Economy, and History.
- Restricting study materials. Sticking on to basic materials like NCERTs.
- Multiple Revisions. Revision is the key to crack it.
When will an aspirant be ready to face CSE Prelims?
To crack UPSC- CSE, it is not enough to be a hard worker but also be a smart-worker. You should know your strengths and weakness. The best way to know that is “Test Series”. (Prelims Test Series 2020) Prelims exam not only test your knowledge but also your ability to handle the pressure in 2 hours time. It will not be possible for any aspirant to know the answer for all questions in Prelims. You should be able to arrive at answers not just by knowing the correct option, but also to eliminate the wrong option. Prelims Test Series will teach you the skill of eliminating wrong options and give additional knowledge.
Why do you have to follow us?
- Don’t want to waste your time reading different topics from different sources? Do you want to get a holistic picture of relevant topics? Want a reliable platform to test your knowledge?
- If your answer to all these questions is “YES”, then we are the right fit for you. We will help you to do the smart work.
- We cover information from diversified and relevant sources. We follow “Kipling method” (5W+1H format) of raising the right questions to get important information. We provide a well-tested test series structure in line with actual CSE (Prelims Test Series 2020).